In March, I'll celebrate our 1st anniversary with my hubs (we will be coming home from a beautiful week on the west coast!). From my wedding planning experience, boy can it get stressful. Here's a few things to do right away to assure a happy planning season!
1. Find Wedding Inspiration (Get the wedding juices flowing!)- start with Pinterest, but wedding magazines are also great too! Pick colors, soft, bold, simple, colorful whatever you like! This part will help create an overall "look" or theme you're trying to achieve.
2. Budget, Budget, Budget- Sit down and plan your top priorities. Maybe you are dying for a honeymoon out of the country, or maybe you really want a destination wedding. Rank them in order (venue, flowers, cake, etc.) and allocate budgets for each.
3. Decide on a Date/Book a Venue- Usually venues book pretty far out and dates fill up quickly so secure a date. Every vendor that follows will ask, "What's your wedding date?" So make sure you do that first! Then everything else will fall into place.
4. Research/Ask for Recommendations- The best way to assure you are getting the best service is to ask friends who they used. They can give you honest opinions and help you find some amazing vendors! Also, ask for recommendations on Facebook local trading groups in your area. Another great resource is The Knot!
5. Wedding Party- Decide who you want to make this planning happen! Who will be there to call caterers? Or look up bridesmaid's dresses? There are no magic numbers (and both sides don't have to be equal!). Choose YOUR people who love celebrating you.
Now GO, GO, GO! You've got this! Best wishes during your wedding season!